Latest COVID-19 status regarding restrictions in Ports/Countries.
General National regulation in force (DECNU-2020-274-APN-PTE) issued by the Argentine President:
- Starting March 16th and for a period 15 days, Argentine borders are closed. Only nationals or residents can enter the country. This period can be modified at any time.
- Individuals performing tasks involving foreign trade, transportation and aviation are excepted so long as they don’t present symptoms. That includes crew members of planes, ships, trains and/or trucks performing transportation of goods.
- Airport with restrictions.
- Spare Parts, Technical Repairs are still allowed.
National regulation in force specific to shipping (NO2020-17205422-APN-ESCO#PNA) issued by the Argentine Coast Guard following the President’s order above:
- Sanitary Authorities will have the prerogative to administer the implementation of the exceptions to the general regulation.
- Categories of vessels:
- HIGH RISK: If proceeding from a Risk Area (listed below) or if crew temperature log is found abnormal, Sanitary Authorities will take all necessary precautions which could include quarantine of all crew and passengers.
- LOW RISK: If vessel has over 14 days of navigation from last port or is proceeding from an area not listed as high risk and crew temperature log is normal, then operations will evolve NORMALLY AND WITHOUT RESTRICTIONS.
- In effect, Authorization to take pilots is only given with Free Pratique, and Free Pratique is only granted once vessel is considered LOW RISK by Sanitary Authorities.
- Sanitary Authorities upriver are trying to ensure operations run as smooth as possible for which they are showing a higher flexibility for vessels coming from Chile and Brazil. In Bahia Blanca and Necochea the regulation is being implemented in full force and the 14-day quarantine for ships proceeding from infested areas (including Brazil and Chile). A comment of ours, we have been told unofficially that Necochea and Bahia Blanca Sanitary Authorities will be instructed to follow the same rules as Upriver, therefore not imposing the 14-day time gap to ships proceeding from Brazil and Chile as longest their crew members are in good health.
Countries classified as risk areas: China, South Korea, Singapore, Iran, United States, Europe, Brazil and Chile.
- Crew Changes are allowed.
- Off-signers: plane has to leave the country while the vessel is at the port. And crew has to fly in/out Belgium.
- Spare parts/stores/supplies available.
- CTM can be delivered.
MANAUS & ITACOATIARA
- Crew have to be transferred straight to destination (ex: Airport x Vessel or Vessel x Airport – no hotel accommodation).
- Crew must carry valid VISA or SB.
- SB should be signatary of ILO 185.
- Crew change should be informed at ANVISA.
- For Off signers, COVID quickly test is compulsory. If negative result crew can follow trip and if positive crew will have to pass by quarantine of 14 days at hotel (for asymptomatic cases).
- Crew have to be transferred straight to destination, ex: Airport x vessel or Vessel x Airport. (no hotel accommodation).
- Crew must carry valid VISA or SB.
- SB should be signatory of ILO 185.
BELÉM (VILA DO CONDE / BELÉM / MIRAMAR / BARCARENA):
- On Singers must follow procedures in EMBARK / DISEMBARK PROTOCOL FOR CREW in Anvisa Website.
- Off signers:
- Crew medical report with quickly COVID test
- Send Crew medical report to ANVISA (local)
- Send Medical Log book to ANVISA (if available)
- Term of responsibility from agency/master.
- If all in order, ANVISA Will issue TCSV (Term of Sanitary control for traveler).
- The TCSV Will be sent to Federal police in order to crew get permission to disembark (disembark Letter)
SANTARÉM: Not allowed disembark unless some illness approved by Anvisa and no embark allowed yet.
As per local immigration information, foreign crew change is permitted with following prerequisites; On and off signers have to do COVID quickly test.
- On signers: So crew can embark they must stay at the hotel during 14 days then proceed with the COVI 19 test.
- Upon negative result, Anvisa releases a term / certificate that authorizes the crew to embark.
- Off signers: Only allowed in cases of heath events or repatriation
Crew should have confirmed flight + local COVID 19 test to present to Porth Health Autority.
SÃO FRANCISCO DO SUL
- On signers: On signers can pass by quarantine in their home country before coming to Brazil.
- Crew can do the COVID-19 test in their hometown. It’s not mandatory to do it in São Francisco do Sul or they can even bring a medical declaration from their hometown.
- Off signers: Only allowed in cases of heath events or repatriation
Crew should have confirmed flight + local COVID 19 test to present to Porth health Autority.
- On signers: Must arrive with the proper authorizations and the embark will be allowed (please remember, for nationalities who are at ILO).
- Off signers: We must hire a laboratory to do a COVID 19 test and take it on board.
- Upon negative result, Porth Health Autority releases a term/certificate that authorizes the crew to disembark to return to his country.
PARANAGUÁ / ANTONINA
- We need all documents (PP and SKB) from on/off signers, employment contract for on signers, and flights in advance.
- It’s necessary to send a letter from Master informing that off signers are symptoms free.
- All crew (on and off) must visit the doctor to receive a declaration informing that they’re Covid-19 free.
- They can stay at the hotel before embark / after disembarking.
- We highly recommend sending on signers at least 1 day before berthing, so we have enough time to send them to the doctor.
- It’s not compulsory to make COVID 19 test. Immigration and Health Authority requests only medical declaration issued locally.
- Working basis LOI – but must be checked case by case.
- ANVISA ratifies the recommendation of the 14-days quarantine. That it is not a prohibitive in the case of immediate boarding, except for the responsibility.
- If there is any proliferation of COVID-19 inside the vessel/platform, the vessel will have to be quarantined for 14 days and the shipowner will have full responsibility in case of contagion and / or the need for hospitalization / treatment of any crew member for not having followed the recommendation, including also the delay in the operation and we (agency) will have no responsibility.
- Shipowner will have to do a liability term to the agency, stating that Shipowner will be responsible for any issues, including delays in operations.
- On signers: must have a medical report (owners side) and a proof of 14 days of quarantine (hometown or Suape/Recife).
- Transfer must be from airport straight to terminal.
- COVID-19 test is compulsory, with negative result.
- Off signers: must have a medical report (owners side)
- Transfer must be from terminal straight to airport, Anvisa request from owners their own contingence plan for covid-19, which its planning and execution is owner’s responsability.
- If any case detected onboard, vessel will have to wait in quarantine at same berth or in other designated by terminal.
- Anvisa will allow crew change only if all regular procedures be done by immigration office including the clearence for foreign crew.
- Some charters agents charge by online procedure of crew change (input data in paperless system).
SÃO LUÍS /PONTA DA MADEIRA/ ITAQUI
- On signers: Arriving at SLZ, 07 days isolation at the hotel then must do the COVID 19 test, if negative and proven for Health Autority, they can go onboard.
- It’s possible to avoid the isolation. Crew must hold a letter from master of responsibility for boarding without local quarantine considering that the quick test was negative. Local test is mandatory.
- Off signers: After disembark they must do the COVID 19 test.
- If negative and proven to Port Health Autority, they can directly go to the airport or wait the flight at the hotel.
RIO DE JANEIRO
- Only countries signatories of ILO 108 are allowed. For disembarking ILO 105 and 185 being accepted.
- On signers: Crew member must follow a quarantine (14 days before berthing date – possible at home country) under medical examinations checking daily the temperatures prior to coming to Brazil issuing a final report with all information / confirmation that is free of COVID-19.
- Keep copy of the Seafarers Employment Contract Prior crew get the flight Covid Test to be applied with negative results.
- An embarkation shall be performed directly to the vessel.
- Off signers: Disembark subject to authorities approval and must issue tickets (directly transportation as well).
- It’s mandatory present to authorities the flight confirmation (ticket or boarding pass) up to final destination.
- Crew must follow 14 of isolation at vessel checking daily temperatures with a report issued by master.
- Documents needed: Port of Call List, Vessel’s Health.
- Declaration dated until flight’s date, New Crew List, Vessel’s Log Book confirming Free of Covid 19.
- Based on above we need follow plenty restrictions and also still subject to authorities approval (final green light).
- On signers: Crew member must follow a quarantine (14 days before berthing date – possible at home country) under medical examinations checking daily the temperatures prior to coming to Brazil issuing report with all information / confirmation that is free of COVID-19 by a doctor.
- Prior crew get the flight we need to get an authorization/approval with Immigration and also the Health authorities (also if directly embarkation shall be applied COVID-19 test + consultation).
- An embarkation shall be performed directly to the vessel or in case necessary, hotels shall be performed quarantine locally as well until embarkation (with daily monitoring, blood tests and medical expenses).
- Hotels are working with restrictions (availability to be checked).
- Off signers: Disembark subject to authorities’ approval and
must issue tickets (directly transportation as well).
- 14 days of isolation (crew must follow monitoring at vessel checking daily temperatures with a report issued by master 14 days before berthing date).
- COVID-19 blood test shall be performed + consultation at
doctor in Brazil.
- On signers: Crew must be 14 days in quarantine with temperature report twice a day.
- The Quarentine may be done in hotel at Brazil or crew’s home.
- The temperature report must be signed and stamped by a health professional.
- Do a COVID-19 test ( in a laboratory) before coming to Brazil (home country) and send us the result signed by the person in charge of laboratory.
- After crew arrival at Brazil the Health authority will ask to do a new COVID-19 test and medical report.
- Send us the flight schedule in advance.
- The crew member must travel with all documents: medical report, temperature report and COVID-19 Negative test, together with the SBook, Passport, and whenever asked, inform that they are SEA MEN. OKTB should also be taken with them.
- Try to schedule flights to be as quick as possible and direct without stoppages to stay for long time into intermediate Airports.
- Send documents 72h before for the necessary clearances.
- Formalities after crews arrival at brazil may take about 8 hours for that reason may be necessary to take on signers to hotel and embark them the next day.
- Off signers: Crew must have a Maritime health declaration and an on-board medical book – last 15 days.
- Crew had to be on board for at least 14 days, representing local quarantine.
- A Master statement, stating that the crew member (s) to disembark have no symptoms of COVID-19 14 days of monitoring and report crew’s temperature informing if period in which they are embarked presented signs or symptoms of covid-19. This report can be done by
- Theirs repatriation flight 72h before departure.
Any other additional supporting documents ,may be requested by the local authorities at their discretion and time.
TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS ON CREW MEMBERS AND OTHER WORKERS
Transport Canada has issued a new Ship Safety Bulletin attached highlighting the essential nature of marine transportation services and clarifying the documentation requirements for seafarers who are travelling to Canada to join a ship’s crew. More specifically, there are no travel restrictions on such individuals provided they are in possession of a seafarer’s identity document supplemented by a passport; or other seafarer documentation, including proof of employment on a vessel at a Canadian port, and a visa if required.
TC has sent this guidance to airlines, with a view to alleviating further confusion at international airports due to the imposition of inappropriate travel restrictions on seafarers travelling to join crews in Canada. For our part, we have also shared this guidance with CBSA in order to ensure their officers have a full understanding of marine mode requirements.
Additional guidance on the ability of non-crew individuals such as technicians, surveyors, etc. to travel in order to do work on board ships is expected to be issued by Transport Canada within the coming days.
SEAFARER HEALTH & WELL-BEING
Shipping Federation of Canda have developed a communique on the heath and well-being of seafarers, which is designed to address public misperceptions about the role of seafarers as vectors of COVID-19 transmission, with a view to discouraging the imposition of measures that significantly limit the ability of healthy seafarers to access shore leave. The communique also highlights the essential role that seafarers play in delivering indispensable goods and supplies that will be crucial in responding to the COVID-19 pandemic, and on the consequent need to ensure their ongoing ability to perform these key activities. We will be distributing this message to the Association of Canadian Port Authorities and other service providers over the coming days
- Transport Canada has now published a ship safety bulletin confirming that there is no restriction on shore leave and crew change for healthy crew members and requesting all ports, terminals and marine facilities in Canada to continue granting shore leave to seafarers. Full documentation:
- Canada’s Ports are Open to International Trade
- Shore Leave Access
- Health Reporting Ships
- Extending Validity of Canadian Marine Personnel Certificates.
- Transport Canada has also advised that this information has now been fully communicated to CBSA – which has set up its on COVID-19 working group to support the efficient flow of information to CBSA regions.
- 14-Day Quarantine Period: TC confirmed that at this time, the department will not be implementing a 14-day quarantine period for vessels arriving in Canada. This decision is based on Canada’s assessment of risks (as informed by the Public Health Agency) and the need to support the fluidity of maritime transportation (carriage of vital goods to and from the country).
- Reporting Requirement for Sick Crew Members: TC stressed the requirement for the vessel/master to report any sick crew member via the PAIR report AND to also report anytime a crew member’s health situation changes after submission of the PAIR report – including when the ships is at anchor and at berth.
- Seafarer Certificates: TC has put into place measures to automatically extend the validity of Canadian seafarers’ certificates for a 6 month period.
- Cruise Vessels: TC restated that the ban on cruise vessels – which is in effect at least until July 1 – applies to vessels carrying 500 people or more. TC continues to investigate whether additional measures are needed with respect to smaller cruise vessels (less than 500 people) calling Canada during this same period (i.e. from the beginning of the cruise season to July 1).
- Other: TC stressed that Canada is not closing its doors to international trade and that Canadian ports remain open for business. The movement of goods is considered an essential service, and as such, there are exemptions in place for workers who are involved in this activity. TC also acknowledged the efforts of international ship owners in implementing measures to ensure the safety of ship crews and citizens.
- Spare Parts delivery are allowed.
There is an approval for crew changes, in order to obtain this special waiver onsigners and offsigners must comply as following:
– OK to Board (Invitation Letter), as usual, to be issue by the Agent with full details of each crew member and flights too.
– Once we have all the information before mentioned we will inform our Foreign Ministry in order for them to send a pre-notice to the local Embassy as per Country needed.
– In the case that such Country does not count with a Chilean Embassy, we shall support your team in Chile with local Authorities.
– Once we have approval, the crew member needs to approach the Embassy office in order to obtain Visa Waiver, he will also need to arrive with our OKTB, a colored photo and a fingerprint will be requested once at the local office.
– As this is just the beginning we suggest to carry out this process with a good lead time.
– Regarding Port for crew change, we highly suggest using Valparaiso Bay for crewing services, which is only 2 hours away from Santiago International Airport. Note that all domestic flights to other Ports are restricted and highly demanded.
– Other Ports near Santiago Airport are San Antonio (Anchorage not feasible, only alongside), Quintero Bay & Ventanas Port.
– If service is approved crew members must have with them at all times personal protection such as face masks, gloves and cleaning gel.
– Off-signer must comply with a 14 day quarantine on board vessel from last foreign departure port. If he does not meet this requirement, he must complete the days on board or at a local Hotel until his fixed flight.
The current Covid-19 Waiver (Crew Permission) will be granted only for crew members whose nationalities do not require a tourist visa in order to enter Chile. With this stated, the most common countries affected for crewing in Chile are: Philippine / India (read note below) / China (read note below) / Sri Lanka / Myanmar.
– India & China have an exception, if they hold a US VISA (B1/B2) for at least 6 month validity we can request a special waiver for their entry as Crew.
– The Nationalities (Crew) that are most common to obtain a prompt Visa for entry to Chile are: USA / Peru / Spain / Russia / Ukraine / Poland / Croatia / Bulgaria / Greece / Indonesia / Turkey / Slovenia / Canada / Thailand.
- Only Chinese Nationality Crew Change is available
- Foreigner crew change are prohibited at any port , even for on board crew medical visit when berthing period – also need approval firstly.
- CTM delivery and Spare Parts custom clearance/delivery is allowed.
- Colombian Government has declared compulsory isolation in the country from next Tuesday march 24th at 23:59 hrs, until Monday, April 13th .
- Transport and logistics sectors, as well as, the imports of goods and all related to the production of food will remain active.
- Port operation for cargo carriers, remains in normal conditions just with some recommendations and a prohibition of crew changes and shore passes to crew until further notice.
- Harbor Master and Port Sanitary requires the following pre-arrival information/documents:
- Maritime Health Declaration
- Copy of Medical book register
- Name of the crew member
- Last city where the crew member was before embarking on the last 20 days.
- Passport number.
- Port Sanitary requires update of the health of every crew member 96, 24, 12 and 6 hours before vessel´s arrival. In case that a crew member presents symptoms of the virus, the vessel will go to a designated anchorage area for quarantine for 14 days and a doctor will be assigned to follow up crew health and conditions.
- Crew Members are not allowed to go ashore unless they are going to check vessel drafts. If this is the case, they must wear in addition to their PPE the mask.
- Crew Changes are not allowed at any Colombian Port.
- It is also stated in the article 5 of the decree the “Suspension of domestic transportation by air”, it will only be allowed in the following cases: humanitarian emergency, transportation of cargo and merchandise, fortuitous case or force majeure. It is important to remark, that couriers are being affected by this measure, so consequently documents arrival to ports can be delayed.
- The island of Curaçao intends to reopen without the need for quarantine on arrival on 1 July, , initially to visitors from the BES Islands (Bonaire, Sint Eustatius and Saba), The Netherlands and ‘some other countries from Western Europe.
- The total number of tourists on the island at any given time will be limited to 10,000.
- All visitors will be required to show proof of a coronavirus PCR test conducted at the passenger’s expense at least 2-3 days prior to travelling.
- They will also be required to complete a health and travel history declaration form.
- Facemasks and social distancing are to be required in public and mass events will not be conducted.
Additional info: Its necessary to apply for a special fly inn and fly out permit for signing on and off crew. This will take approx. 7 working days.
At the moment there is only one (1) weekly flight to and from Curacao. This is with KLM form Amsterdam. They fly every Tuesday AMS-Cur and every Wednesday CUR-AMS. There is a mandatory use of special transport regulations for incoming and outgoing crew to and from the ship/airport/ hotel/ immigration office. We need to use a mandatory hotel appointed by the government for quarantine to await the arrival of the ship or departure flight.
The Ministry of Transport, Communications and Works announces that with effect as from 20th June, 2020 all passenger who intent to travel to Cyprus are obliged, for disembarkation purposes, to carry the CyprusFlight Pass. For its acquisition passengers should in advance fill in electronically the documents needed which could be found in the electronic platform: https://www.cyprusflightpass.gov.cy
1) Copy of passport and seaman’s book.
2) Confirmed flight details.
3) The crew members arriving from countries belonging in category B and C (attached ) must remain in self-isolation for 14 days before entering Cyprus. Also they must carry with them a certificate from a recognized center of negative coronavirus molecular test upon their arrival at Larnaca airport. The certificate must not be more than 72 hours before their arrival at Cyprus. The crew members arriving from countries belonging in category A no self-isolation for 14 days and coronavirus molecular test are needed.
4) All arriving crew members must fill online the Cyprus flight pass before their flight to Cyprus (attached).
5) For the crew members that arriving from countries belonging in categories B and C special approval from Cyprus shipping deputy ministry is need before their arrival in Cyprus.
6) For all non EU citizens crew members, entering visa can be arranged upon their arrival at airport.
1) Copy of passport and seaman’s book.
2) Confirmed flight details.
3) The sign off crew must fill in the attached health self declaration.
4) If the vessel did not dock at any port the last 14 days or docked only at ports of countries belonging to category A (attached ) no any special approval is requested from Cyprus shipping deputy ministry ,otherwise a special approval from the ministry is required.
5) Maximum duration of transit visa for sign off crew is 5 days. 6) The authorities may request the sign off crew to proceed with COVID -19 test (depends always on their decision).
Notes: For a special approval from Cyprus shipping deputy ministry for on signers or off signers we need all above requested informations (flight details, copy of passport/seamans book, etc.) at least 72 hrs (on working days ) before crew arrival or departure.
- Crew Changes are allowed during the state of emergency.
- Since Tuesday July 21st local authorities implemented a curfew due to the increase of cases of Covid-19.
- Dominican immigration authorities are requiring that the crew change request need to be requested 10 days in advance to complete the entire immigration formalities (including Passport Copies & Flight Details).
- In an effort to ensure a safe and efficient arrival to the country, local authorities implemented additional protocols at the airports / ports:
- Upon arrival, all person will have their temperature checked at their arrival to Santo Domingo or embark/disembark the vessel.
- If a crew/personnel registers a temperature above 100.6 °F degrees (38 °C) or presents any other symptoms, port authorities will administer a rapid COVID-19 test and initiate the protocols for isolation and treatment of the case.
- In addition, airports and port terminals have established guidelines requiring social distancing as well as the mandatory use of face masks for employees and passengers.
As from 1/7 Egyptian airports are open for international flights and crew changes are allow in all ports. Procedures for embarkation and disembarkation:
– Copies of their passports
– Copies of their seaman books
– Flights for on signers – we shall provide ok2b
– Flights for off signers and confirmed e-tickets
also to be provided by master
– Crew list signed stamped
– Maritime declaration of health
– List of port calls
– Vaccination list
Visa will be arranged on arrival however for some nationalities visa stands only for 48 hrs.
Due to not limited availability of flights, we will request from immigration for extension of their visa
Declaration form / no corona test
Declaration Form will be handed to crew before departure from the Airport to be submitted to quarantine dept on arrival Egypt. Local authorities / quarantine dept has the right to monitor their temperature at any point of the procedure. No corona virus test is required for the on signers and off signers crew.
Guidance for flights and possible delays:
On signers: to arrive Egypt well prior to the airport in order in order the formalities to be completed successfully and on time .
Off signers: *** It is not allowed to land any off-signers unless they have a negative PCR Test***
the need to be at least 6 hours prior their flight to the airport in order the formalities to be completed successfully and on time .
Quarantine doctor will attend vessel in advance before the embarking or the disembarking of any person. we shall arrange same and coordinate with master accordingly.
As of August 15th all foreign travelers (not holding Egyptian citizenship) entering Egypt (whether by land, sea or air) will be require:
– A certificate confirming negative result of coronavirus test (using a PCR test) required.
– Test must be conducted within 72 hours of reaching Egyptian territory.
In continuation of Port Circular No 8 of 2020 (dated 5 April 2020), please note that Crew changes will be allowed by Gibraltar Port Authority subject to compliance with the following measures:-
- OPL will now be allowed for embarking crew.
- Only designated hotels to be used where hotel stay is required. Details of hotels which can be used can be found below.
- Agent to arrange special transport provisions – transportation from Airport/Hotel to Port needs to be carried out in the ‘Dirty Vehicle’. Details of which can be found below.
- Agent’s launch crew to avoid close contact with embarking crew.
- All crewmen to be provided with FFP2/N95 quality masks to wear in transport or when moving around Gibraltar.
- OPL will now be allowed for disembarking crew.
- Disembarking crew to confirm ‘free of any symptoms’ for past 14 days – vessel’s master to provide official declaration.
- Agent to arrange special transport provisions – transportation from Port to Airport/Hotel needs to be carried out in the ‘Dirty Vehicle’. Details of which can be found below.
- Agent’s launch crew to avoid close contact with disembarking crew.
- Hotel stays are allowed for a maximum of 10 days. Details of hotels which can be used can be found below. All crewmen to be provided with FFP2/N95 quality masks to wear in transport or when moving around Gibraltar.
- If crew change involves overnight stay, transfer of such crew will be done in accordance with this protocol.
- A PCR swab will be taken at the hotel and agents are responsible to ensure that the hotel is forewarned that these crews must be treated as potentially infected, unless they cleared by a negative PCR test.
- The crew details sent to Civil Contingencies will be shared with the appropriate clinic and it will be their responsibility to ensure timely sampling and dispatch of the swab.
- Crew members must remain in self-isolation until cleared by the medical or public health authorities. / All crew members must remain in their rooms and be serviced with food there:
- They must not be allowed to congregate physically, and must be in a room where contact can be made by Public Health Authorities.
- All crewmen staying more than one night will be required to isolate until they receive a negative swab result.
- They can then move around Gibraltar with a face mask (this must be of a N95 or FFP2 standard).
- They MAY be swabbed DAILY for up to 5 days, as determined by the medical authorities, but this will be on an exceptional basis and only with prior warning.
- If negative on the fifth day, they can move around with a face mask. If they have symptoms, or a positive swab result, then they will have to isolate for 10 days, and only be free if they have a negative swab at the end of that period.
- At the end of the initial 5 day period they will be deemed to be integrated into the Gibraltar population, and be able to mix and move freely, until off or onboarded.
- Please note that all crew members from super yachts will need to abide by this protocol with the difference that crew will be able to isolate onboard the yacht itself if this has the capacity to provide the safety requirement.member from super yachts will need to abide by this protocol with the difference that crew will be able to isolate onboard the yacht itself if this has the capacity to provide the safety requirements.
Until August 31st, 2020:
– Any kind of visitor arriving in Greece via flights from Bulgaria, Romania, Malta, UAE, Sweden, Belgium, Spain, Netherlands, Albania, N. Macedonia and Israel*, will be allowed to enter country only if they present a negative PCR test for Covid-19 which must be conducted 72 hrs prior their arrival in Greece.
Furthermore, apart from the result, they should carry with them a certification of the test’s result by a certified diagnostic center, in English language, which will include person’s name, passport No or ID No.
The Airlines are obliged to check the above certification prior visitor boarding airplane and if it is not available then his boarding should be denied. In case that the visitor arrives in Greece and does not hold the specific certification then the Airlines are obliged to arrange his repatriation under their own responsibility covering all relevant expenses.
*Israeli permanent residents will undergo a Covid-19 test again upon their arrival in Greece. They should carry with them a copy of hotel reservation or any other document that indicates their temporary place of stay. Until the results are out they will be in quarantine at their temporary place of stay.
Max number of travellers from Israel allowed: 600 people allowed to land only in Athens “El. Venizelos”, Thessaloniki “Macedonia”, Heraclion Crete “N.Kazantzakis” and Corfu “I. Kapodistrias” airports.
Until August 31st, 2020:
– Temporary refusal of entry in the country for NON EU nationals but seamen are exempted from this measure as well as the citizens of the following countries: Australia, Georgia, Canada, Japan, New Zealand, Rwanda, South Korea, Thailand, Tunisia, Uruguay, UAE.
Until August 31st, 2020:
– All flights from / to Turkey are postponed, as well as any sea connections.
– All flights from / to Albania / North Macedonia are postponed (Athens International Airport is exempted) as well as any sea connections.
– Any rail and roads connections (designated entry / exit points are exempted subject to Covid-19 test result prior departure).
(The restrictions on sea connections do not apply to vessels carrying cargoes).
For all travellers, as well as for seamen, please do not forget to fill in the online form PLF (Passenger Locator Form) latest 48 hrs prior to the departure from their home country in order to avoid any penalties from Authorities in Greece.
The link with further instructions and where they will submit all the details is https://travel.gov.gr .
Apart from the above, they will have to have a copy of the form and present it to the Sanitary Officers and unless otherwise instructed, sample checks for Covid-19 will be conducted and the passengers will stay in quarantine until the results are out. In case that a case is found positive, then the person will be quarantined for 14 days and further instructions will be provided by Authorities / National Public Health Organization. Please note that this procedure will apply until 31st August
GUATEMALA / COSTA RICA / HONDURAS / EL SALVADOR / TRINIDAD & TOBAGO
- Crew Changes are not allowed.
- Spare Parts & CTMs can still be perform.
- Technical Repairs are allow by local technicians.
(*) As from July 28th 23:59hs no crew changes allow for Vessel calling HK without cargo operations.
- Crew Change is allow for vessels which will perform cargo operations at Hong Kong.
- Both on signers and off signers may possess valid Seaman book and Passport and e ticket, in good health condition, then not request for 14 days compulsory Quarantine but only Medical Surveillance,
- Off signers can only stay in HKG within 2 days after disembark
- No transit Service available in HK International Airport – but only allow for the internal transit.
- Hotel available for both on and off signers, also available for them if request for 14 days Quarantine.
- Spare parts, Stores, Supplies, CTMs are allowed.
- Bunkering is also available.
- Only Indian Crew Sign On/Off is possible at all Indian ports.
- Relief and repatriation of Sign OFF Foreign Nationals are possible.
- SOP from DG Shipping for repatriation of foreign seafarers from Indian ports
- A) FOREIGN CREW
As of now due to Covid-19 pandemic, the Indonesian government does not issue any entry visa to foreigners such as Pre-Arrival Visa Approval (PAVA), Visa on Arrival (VOA) until further notice.
Therefore, for any crew-change palling to be done during this Covid-10 situation, please observe the followings:
1) Crew change notification must be informed to our office, 14-days prior to planning.
2) Vessel’ name and tentative port of vessel call.
3) Full details of on-signer crew and their country of origin.
4) Once planning can be done, we will apply for an exemption from the Indonesian Immigration Head Office who will notify the Indonesian Embassy to process the entry-visa for the said crew (which without it, the embassy will not accept entry-visa application).
5) Once entry-visa is received, on-signer crew can depart to join vessel and must carry with them a certificate of health (free from Covid-19 with PCR/ Swab Test).
- B) INDONESIAN CREW
1) On-signer must undergo PCR / Swab test before being allowed to join vessel and sign a statement letter for willing to be quarantined if found to be positive Covid-19.
- A) FOREIGN CREW
1) Off-signer from vessels that have previously called to any ports in China, Iran, northern Italy or the Republic of Korea in the last 14days are not allowed to be signed-off in any Indonesian ports.
2) Off-signer must have ticket with at least 1 (working) day before disembarkation for arranging exit permit formalities (EPO).
3) Off-signer must undergo PCR / Swab test once disembark from vessel to show Covid-19 free.
4) Off-signer must sign a statement letter for completion of their employment contract as supporting document required by immigration and airlines.
- B) INDONESIAN CREW
1) Off Signer must undergo PCR / Swab test once disembark from vessel
As of Sep 1st, it would be mandatory required for crews (who travel from target areas) to have a PCR test result (taken 72 hours prior their plane boarding), when they arrives JP airports. Sample as attached.
Also, among one crew batch, even in case one crew being detected with positive result, as long as the others have negative result (upon their arrival JP airport), then other crews can still join vessel.
All vessels arriving Japan ports will be required to submit a health questionnaire. This report should be accomplished by the vessel captain and submitted to the relevant quarantine officer before arriving at any Japanese port.
- Notice from Immigration Services Agency of Japan, foreigners who cannot enter Japan has been expanded. It will be as follows (effective from 00:00 19th Mar):
- China – Hubei, Zhejiang
- Korea – Daegu Metropolitan City, Gyeongsang City North Gyeongsang Province, Andong City, Yeongcheon City, Cheongdo County, Chilgok County, Uiseong County, Seongju County, Gunw County.
- Iran – Qom, Tehran, Gilan Provinces, Mazandaran Province, Isfahan Province, Alborz Province, Markazi Province, Qazvin Province, Semnan Province, Golestan Province, Lorestan Province.
- Italy – Lombardy, Veneto, Emilia-Romagna, Marche, Piedmont Republic of San Marino – All region
- Switzerland – Ticino, Basel-Stadt
- Spain – Navarre, Basque, Madrid, La Rioja Iceland – All regions
- People arriving in Japan from below countries from midnight on March 21, 2020, returning residents in Japan will be required to use private cars, not to use public transportation to go home in addition to China and republic of Korea:
- (They need to take our taxi for moving to anywhere.) Iceland, Ireland, Andorra, Italy, Iran, UK, Egypt, Estonia, Austria, Netherlands, Cyprus, Greece, Croatia, San Marino, Switzerland, Sweden, Spain, Slovakia, Slovenia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Germany, Norway, Vatican, Hungary, Finland, France, Bulgaria, Belgium, Poland, Portugal, Malta, Monaco, Latvia, Lithuania, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Romania.
Effective 20th March 2020, there is a not to land Order on all crew members on the ships calling Malaysian seaports. In cases of serious illnesses requiring hospital admission, the Agent can request the Port Health and / or Immigration for relevant approval to disembark. The approval is being given on a case by case basis by the Government Officials. In order to request this approval, the Agent will need to make a formal request with below documents at a minimum,
- Letter of requisition duly stamped and signed by master to immigration for emergency purpose for crew medical.
- IMO Crew list
- Voyage memo (last 10 port calls)
- Crew Passport / Seaman book (originals and copy)
- A Hospital Admission Letter will also be collected from the Hospital and submitted to Officials subsequently by the Agent.
- Foreign seafarers are NOT ALLOWED to sign-off or go ashore in any Malaysia ports and water.
- All seafarers are NOT ALLOWED to sign-on, in any Malaysia ports and water.
- Only Malaysian seafarers, who have not developed COVID-19 symptoms, from Malaysia flagged vessels are ALLOWED to sign-off and disembark at the DESIGNATED PORT (International Port of Kuala Linggi, Melaka). Online sign-off must be done at the nearest Port Office.
- Seafarers must carry out thorough pre-screening test by the Port Health Inspector at ship/port area, and subject to any instructions provided by the Port Health Officer.
- Who are currently serving on board of Malaysia flagged vessels, and not having any explicit COVID-19 symptoms, not a COVID-19 suspect, have not gone ashore at China, Italy, South Korea, Iran or Japan within 14 days, are ALLOWED to continue their normal service on board Malaysia flagged vessel
- PROHIBITED to change vessel in any Malaysia ports and water:
- Those who already possessed COVID-19 explicit symptoms, a COVID-19 Suspect, or have been going ashore at China, Italy, South Korea, Iran or Japan within 14 days. MUST UNDERGO proper health screening and isolation on board as mentioned in ANNEX 1, MSN 05/2020.
Seafarers of Malaysian nationality:
- Who are serving on board Malaysia flagged vessels but not having any COVID-19 symptoms, not a COVID-19 suspect, have not gone ashore at China, Italy, South Korea, Iran or Japan within 14 days can continue their services on-board.
- Who are having explicit COVID-19 symptoms, or determined as COVID-19 suspects, or have been going ashore at China, Italy, South Korea, Iran, or Japan within 14 days, MUST UNDERGO further health screening and isolation ONLY at the Designated PORT (International Port of Kuala Linggi, Melaka) and their contract at SEA shall be terminated.
- All vessels must be cleared by Port Health prior to port entry.
- For the time being any off signer can disembark regardless of their nationality.
- If crew members don’t have a Schengen VISA, they need to have their flight through non-Schengen airports.
- On signers are allowed to embark as long as crew comes from the below list of safe countries. In case the crew member does not belong from a safe country from the list but they can prove it has been in a safe country for the last 14 days, then it will be allow to embark:
MARTINIQUE & GUADELOUPE
- Only cargo vessels (containers, tankers, bulk) are authorized to proceed alongside inner Ports of Martinique & Guadeloupe subject to the approval of the Port Authorities after checking the status of the Maritime Health declaration which must be transmitted to the agent on daily basis. Also, the crew list must contain the date and place of embarkation for all crew members.
- A strict 15-day lock-down decided by the French government requiring people in French islands to remain at home came into effect since 17th/03 at noon.
- All vessels alongside must take all necessary actions to protect the crew members and avoid contact with the Terminal staff.
- During this time it cannot be guarantee the feasibility of usual services (crew change, transportation, CTM, spare parts delivery, etc….) because of the 15-day lock-down decided by the French government.
- Pilotage: no movement (anchorage, berthing/unberthing) is possible between 00.01 LT and 04.00 LT – possible delay due to minimum service staff for the port traffic.
- While alongside, the crew members must remain on board or are only authorized to remain closed to the ship for ops reasons.
Altamira/Tampico (Nearest airport TAM)
They have to arrive to Altamira / Tampico and stay isolated by 7 days in a hotel, after that time they have to take COVID19 test and await for results (may take 3 days) after received results and if all OK, a written authorization will be issued. Finally and before go onboard (maximum 12 hours) joiners must visit a doctor for a general revision.
It is only required to get authorization a 7 day temperature log for off signers, show maritime health declaration and passport copy.
Veracruz (Nearest airport VER)
– Accredit the free practique
– To present the Maritime Declaration of Health, signed and stamped by the captain.
– Deliver a document indicating that the crew has completed 3 days on board, not visiting the port, the minimum of contact has been maintained by personnel external to the ship, signed and stamped by the captain.
– Deliver a request (document) of change / disembark directed to the International Health Department.
– Crew list (and passengers if there are) that disembark, copy of valid ID.
– Record of crew temperatures during the 3 days before to disembark, 2 times daily, with a 12-hour lapse, signed and stamped by the captain.
– Deliver program travel, itinerary including dates and times of trave.
– Deliver a request (document) of change / embark directed to the International Health Department.
– Crew list (and passengers if there are) that embark, copy of valid ID.
– Deliver program travel, itinerary including dates and times of travel with calls.
– Stay in a hotel for 3 days before on arrival, complete a document with the crew temperatures during the 3 days before to embark, 2 times daily, with a 12-hour lapse, signed and stamped by authorized personnel.
– Implement all personal health and safety measures recommended by the secretary of health during the travel, to avoid contact with personnel outside the embark.
– Present covid test 24 hours prior to embark, by a certified laboratory.
If the covid test is positive, the crew member must be confined in a hotel for 15 days, and re-test the covid until the result is negative.
Topolobampo (Nearest airport LMM)
- First, all On signers need to pass thru a medical examination at local Airport, performed by the Sanitary authority., If they are OK and pass the physical examination, they are allowed to follow with immigration formalities and then to the vessel. In additional, the Authority is requesting the following:
- Medical certificate duly signed and stamped by the Company informing the good healthy condition the crew-member.
- COVID19 Test report with at least 5 days prior arriving to Mexico city Airport.
- Letter to the Local Authorities informing regarding crew change, signed by the Company informing all crew-member are in good health conditions.
- Letter of the crewmember informing that he is in good health conditions and if he has been in contact with any person with COVID19 symptoms recently.
- All transportations must be done from Airport – Immigration to Hotel or to Vessel directly, but never to Agent´s offices between it, due to COVID 19 countermeasures.
- A medical check will be required when they land in Mexico, at least in Los Mochis Airport (LMM), a medical team will waiting for them, prior advising of the Agent, in order to perform them a physical check to all of them.
- All crew-members that try to entry to Mexico, needs a Mexican visa or at least a US Visa and seaman books in order the immigration authority allow the entry to our country.
- The vessel can sail without a clear departure flight of the off-signers. But please note that due to covid-19 measures, all the Hotels are at 30% of the capacity working only, so, enough rooms or Hotel accommodation are not warranty in this point.
- Medical & Immigration requirements for the off-signers:Medical certificate duly signed and stamped by the Company (Or Master) informing the good healthy condition the crew-member:
- Letter to the Local Authorities informing regarding crew change, signed by the Company or Master.
- Letter of the crew-member informing that he is in good health conditions and if he has been in contact with any person with COVID-19 symptoms recently.
- D) A Medical team will perform a physical test before to allow them the disembark.
- E) All transportation must be done from vessel to Immigration to Airport or Hotel to Airport, but never to Agent´s offices between it, due to COVID19 countermeasures.
Lázaro Cárdenas (Nearest airport LZC)
On signers to be received,
- Minimum 2 working days fully informaiton.
- General Medical Certificate stating in good health conditions: No cough, no fever, etc.not necesary to specify “negative Covid-19”
- Color copy: passport, Seamanbook, USA visa.
- Full Itinerary.
- Local airport not working now, they may arrive to the nearest Intl Airport “ Ixtapa Zihuatanjo” which is 120 km far by land driving.
- Crew should proceed directly to vsl (no hotel accomodation),
- Free practique
- Color copy:Passport /seamanbook /(usa visa in case needed it.)
- Check up by health doctor.
- They can travel to Ixtapa-zihuatanejo intl airport, same cost as above stated, or may travel by land to mex city intl airport “Benito Juarez”.
Salina Cruz (Nearest Airport HUX)
Onsigners; US valid visa, passport and seaman’s book
Offsigners: Passport and seaman’s book.
Guaymas (Nearest Airport HMO)
Onsigners: US valid visa, passport and seaman’s book
Offsigners: Passport and seaman’s book.
Mazatlán (Nearest Airport MZT)
On-signers: US valid visa, passport and seaman’s book
Off-signers: Passport and seaman’s book.
- Moroccan ports are all open for business but restricted to cargo operations only.
- The country is on a full lockdown and crew changes or supplies are not allowed.
- Tangier Med anchorage is open for bunkering activities but launch services are not allowed
- Supreme Commity has stopped the entry of Non-Omanis to the Sultanate of Oman through all land and sea border posts and via air except GCC citizens, as from March 17th.
- All ships and their agents are obliged to submit the IMO Declaration of Health to the Harbour Master, along with a completed ‘Corona virus questionnaire’.
- Both documents should be signed and stamped by the Vessel Master. Both documents need to be uploaded in the Port management system by the ship’s agent for approval of the vessel call by the Harbour Master.
- Technicians/Surveyors can board vessel if they have a valid Oman ID, subject to the approval of the port authorities and terminal Immigration has suspended issuance of Express Visa for Technicians/Surveyors visiting Oman from international destinations
- Provisions can be delivered subject to approval from local customs authorities.
- Cash cannot be paid to Master.
- Underwater Diving is allowed, subject to the approval from port authorities.
- Hull inspections are allowed, however repair work are not allowed (Sohar).
- Hull inspections and repair work are both not allowed (Duqm)
- Ban on international flights has been extended until September 22nd.
- Crew changes are possible through charter flights or humanitarian flights.
- KLM and AF are operating weekly flights to Panama that can be used for crew changes.
- Strict protocols shall be followed to secure the crew changes, let us know intentions in order to send them accordingly.
- Crew Changes are not allowed.
- Airport with restrictions.
- Spare Parts, Technical Repairs are still allowed.
- Disembarks only allowed in force majeure situations requiring a valid reason for the disembark.
- Embarks only with origin in airports outside the risk area and on arrival if any suspicious the crewmember will not be allowed to embark and may stay in quarantine.
- Crew Change Procedure:
- Declaration stating the crew member is Covid 19 negative.
- Crew member’s passport and seaman’s book copies.
- Flight itinerary.
- Ship’s maritime declaration of health+copy of SSEC is compulsory and included on ship’s isps pre/arrivals as usually.
- On/signers seafarers must hold valid Shegen visa , no chance to obtain upon arrival.
- Off/signers is possible to get transit visa when they are travelling to them origin countries.
- crew whose employment contract has expired;
- additional crew on board whose sign-off would not affect the safe manning of the ship;
- change of crew due to the sale or purchase of ship;
- personnel who are not part of the ship’s crew such as superintendents and service engineers;
- compassionate grounds e.g. death of family member; or
- the crew is no longer medically fit to work onboard the ship.
- Returning Singapore residents (i.e. Singapore citizens, permanent residents) will be issued with a 14-day Stay-Home Notice (SHN) upon entry into Singapore.
- Travellers with travel history within the last 14 days to Hubei province of Mainland China will be issued Quarantine Order (QO).
- From 27 March 2020, 0900 hours, all travellers must submit a health declaration via the SG Arrival Card e-Service before proceeding with immigration clearance
For visitors seeking entry into Singapore
- All short-term visitors will not be allowed to enter or transit through Singapore.
- Visitors who need to visit Singapore due to extenuating reasons may submit the completed Form 14 (Part V is optional). to ICA_nCoV_request@ica.gov.sg, together with the following documents:
For long-term pass holders seeking entry into Singapore
- From 29 March 2020, 2359 hours, all foreigners holding ICA-issued long-term passes (i.e. Long-Term Visit Pass (LTVP) or Student’s Pass (STP), or In-Principle Approval (IPA) letters for LTVP/STP, who plan to enter Singapore from any country must obtain permission from the relevant agency before they commence their journey.
For more information please visit : https://www.ica.gov.sg/covid-19
- South African Government has imposed the following measures:
- Travel ban on foreign nationals from high-risk countries such as Italy, Iran, South Korea, Spain, Germany, the United States of America, the United Kingdom and China with effect from March 18th.
- Travelers from medium-risk countries, such as Portugal, Hong Kong and Singapore, will be required to undergo high intensity screening, including self-quarantine for a minimum period of 14 days.
- In direct relation to the above and to Crew Changes, as from March 18th:
- All sea cruises undertaken by cruise liner vessels into and out of any seaport within South Africa must be terminated until further notice.
- The sign-on of crew from high-risk and medium-risk countries for commercial vessels will not be permitted.
- The sign-off of crew from vessel arriving from high-risk and medium-risk countries into any seaport in South Africa within the incubation period of covid-19 will not be permitted.
- Applications for Off Port Limits for services to be rendered on board vessels will be thoroughly assessed before permission is granted.
- Applications for Off Port Limits for crew changes will not be permitted.
- The above will not apply to MEDAVACS for medical emergencies, provided that all the necessary port and clinical protocols are adhered to.
- No vessel arriving from an international port must be brought into any seaport in South Africa, unless such has been communicated with Port Health.
Visa-free entry for crew change is temporarily suspended in Korea.
All crew arriving Korea by flight for crew change should issue visa and submit PCR negative test results.
The test results should be issued within 48 hours prior to departure from their home country or from the country prior to arrival in Korea.
The recent series of changes are due to the recent COVID 19 cases that a number of crew, arriving Korea by flight for crew change, found to be positive in PCR test.
On 12th of Jul., for instance, it was reported that 37 % of COVID 19 overseas inflow was from crew change.
Requirements in order to perform a Crew Change at Spanish Ports:
- Vessel’s MDH.
- Crew documents (Passport and seamans book).
- Vessel disembarking crew cannot depart from the Port until crew have boarded the aircraft.
- In case flight cancellation, crew should return to vessel. Master should confirm acceptance of this in writing.
- Crew cannot embark / disembark until they have confirmed flights. (Eticket)
- Confirmation that there are no flight prohibition in country of destination (Philipines/India/..etc) and the countries of transit is required. Also confirmation that there are no prohibitions on persons arriving to Spain.
- Inmigration Authorities must also approve the disembarkation. They require 1 working day notice for approval.
- Please note crew change is permitted at Spanish ports (on the above conditions) but as only limited hotels are opened, we recommend the arrival / departure flights must be very adjusted, direct embarkation and disembarkation preferable.
Please note the following regarding visa applications
- Full confirmed flights details with PTA ticket number / Amadeus reference along with copies of valid passports, seaman books and visas are required in order to proceed visa application formalities.
- All non-EU on-signers must travel with valid Schengen visas issued by the Spanish Embassy of their country of origin. It is the responsibility of each on-signer’s representative to liaise directly with the embassy in question to apply for travelling visa, as agents we can only provide Letter of Invitations (LOI) if required. We will not be held liable for any individuals travelling without valid documentation.
- All non-EU off signers will require a valid Schengen visa for transit. As agents we can arrange all the necessary immigration formalities.
Note 1: Off signers requiring Schengen visa arrangements will not be able to travel on the same date of vessel’s arrival.
Note 2: Visa application forms must be presented at immigration police 72 hrs prior to time of departure flight. During this time an appointment will be arranged for off-signer(s) must attend in person in order to arrange formalities.
Note 3: Failure to make aforementioned appointment will result in cancellation of visa and process must be restarted with a new application (see Note 1).
Note 4: Working hours for Visa application register are Mon-Fri between 09:00-14:00.
Note 5: Once Visa application has been issued to immigration office, any change in flight details or itinerary will invalidate process and whole process must be restarted with a new application (see Note 1).
Note 6: Off signer cannot remain at Schengen Area Airports longer than 4 hours
Due to COVID 19 crisis taxi can transport per person per trip.
Due to a disembarked Sri Lankan Sea marshal who was released for at home isolation after undergoing the mandated quarantine period at Isolation center being detected positive for Covid – 19 foreign crew disembarkation will be temporarily banned from the 5th of July 2020 until further notice.
Moving forward only bulk crew changes (Disembarking / embarking directly between vessel and chartered flight) and repatriation of Sri Lankan Seafarers will be allowed
- Crew Changes are allowed (crew has to prove that they will be able to travel & leave EU).
- Port Authority is demanding all vessels to send Health Declaration.
- Some flights are banned to land in The Netherlands.
- All EU borders are closed for next 30 days to non-EU citizens / residents as per latest decision from EU 18/03/2020.
- Spare Parts / Stores / Supplies available.
- CTM can be delivered.
- As per latest info from authorities that Turkish Airlines’ flights can be opened on 28.05.2020 for following cities:
- Toronto, Almathy, Kabil, Tokyo, Shanghai, Seoul, Singapore, Copenhagen, Stockholm, Oslo, Frankfurt, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Munich, Vienna, Amsterdam, Brussels, Minsk, Tbilisi, Beirut, Kuwait, Tel-Aviv.
- Curfew will continue till 19/2400 hrs lt for following 31 cities. There is no restriction for berthing/unberthing/loading/unloading operations at ports and strait passages during curfew period:
- Adana, Ankara, Antalya, Aydın, Balıkesir, Bursa, Denizli, Diyarbakır, Erzurum, Eskişehir, Gaziantep, Hatay, İstanbul, İzmir, Kahramanmaraş, Kayseri, Kocaeli, Konya, Malatya, Manisa, Mardin, Mersin, Muğla, Ordu, Sakarya, Samsun, Şanlıurfa, Tekirdağ, Trabzon, Van, Zonguldak.
- All entry into and exit from Turkey’s 15 cities has been banned except for necessities such as food, medicine, cleaning supplies and certain logistics vehicles, and transit traffic with permission till 19.05.2020 at 24:00 hrs lt. There is no restriction for berthing / unberthing / loading / unloading operations at ports and strait passages during this period:
- Ankara, Balıkesir, Bursa, Eskişehir, Gaziantep, İstanbul, İzmir, Kayseri, Kocaeli, Konya, Manisa, Sakarya, Samsun, Van, Zonguldak.
- There is currently no restriction for berthing / unberthing / loading / unloading operations (except for the ships bound to shipyards) provided vessel is cleared of COVID-19 inspection by sanitary officials who shall first inspect the vessel at anchorage area on arrival to grant berthing permission if a vessel coming from infected country.
- Foreign crew embarkation and disembarkation are not permitted.
- New regulation in respect of compulsory disinfection related to COVID-19 has come into force as of 04.04.2020 wherefore all vessels calling at Turkish ports must be disinfected by fully authorized companies appointed by port authority as soon as they are at berth or at anchorage area . Disinfection charge may change from port to port.
- According to the latest info from authorities regulating vessels passage through Istanbul Strait ( namely VTS ) , the intervals between each vessel entering to the strait shall be 20 minutes instead of 10 minutes as precautionary measures against COVID-19. Regulation, rules and instructions remain unchanged for the passages through Çanakkale Strait. But Pilotage service could be delayed time to time due to reduce of pilot number
Crew Changes are not allow in U.A.E. as of August 2nd (Dubai, Fujairah, Sharjah, Khor Fakkan)
The Protocol takes into prospective the following overarching principles:
1) Adhere to public health requirements and precautionary measures in the UAE for maritime workers and those involved in marine activities.
2) Pre-registration of crew members’ itinerary to join ships or return home.
3) Crew members’ self-monitoring of traveler’s health, in addition to knowledge of precautionary instructions and procedures, starting and during travel.
4) A Maritime Declaration of Health (according to the model of the WHO) and a pledge by the captain of the ship regarding the absence of any contagious diseases.
5) Any other mandatory requirements issued that require adherence, before departure or when ships come to ports or dry docks within UAE, or when conducting marine activities.
6) A designated person in every port and dry dock facility to follow up on all issues related to the prevention of COVID-19 pandemic and submit an internal daily report in order to review the procedures and to continuously improve them.
Crew change is permitted in the UAE ports and waters, taking into considerations the following:
– Obtain a seafarer entry visa (96 hours’ visa).
– The compulsory laboratory test for all seafarers wishing to enter the country without any exemption. The shipping agent should bear the responsibility to return the seafarer to his ship or provide a safe medical shelter if the COVID test was positive in accordance with the required instructions imposed by the health authorities in UAE.
– Provide the port authority with the Maritime Declaration of Health confirming the crew are free from any symptoms or epidemics, subject to penalties in force in the UAE in the event of presenting an incorrect health declaration report.
– Provide the immigration office in the port with a copy of the same above mentioned declaration.
– Obtain confirmed flight booking (Departure Ticket) on the nearest available flight.
– Obtain a seafarer entry visa (96 hours’ visa).
– The seafarer should go through the required COVID 19 test as specified by the UAE health authorities.
– In case of Positive result of the test, the shipping agent should follow the required instructions applied by the competent authorities.
For New Orleans, Houston and Freeport:
- Crew change can be performed subject to USCBP (United state custom and border protection), approval. He will embark and will inspect and then he will confirm if it can be performed.
- Off signers are permitted to disembark; however, confirmed flight arrangements direct to foreign would be required, written letter with reason for disembarking also will be needed and personal details in order to approach USCBP, departure flight must be before vessel’s ETD.
- For joiners please refer to –CLP Bulletin– which was extended to include the UK and Ireland on 15-March. Basis this guidance, ONLY those holding C-1/D US Visa as crewman are permitted travel
With effect from 8th June 2020 the UK will impose a mandatory 14 day self quarantine for any travelers arriving into the UK. This rule applies to all incoming travelers including British citizens. There is however, a long list of exemptions to this rule.
- Ships crews and Masters, overcarried pilots, ship inspectors and surveyors will be granted an exemption from the mandatory 14 day quarantine.
- ALL incoming travelers including crew etc above will still need to complete a health declaration on arrival into the UK and also provide some monitoring data.
- Crew will be required to complete a form that will include the reason they are traveling (ships crew joining a ship in the UK), they will also need to provide a contact number (their mobile or the ships number) and lastly the address where they will be staying (the full address of the port/terminal where they are joining the ship).
- Declaration Form: https://www.gov.uk/provide-journey-contact-details-before-travel-uk:
- The form is an online document via the gov.uk web portal and this has to be completed by the traveler BEFORE they arrive in the UK.
- ALL travelers to the UK MUST complete this form before they travel – you can NOT submit this form until 48 hours prior to your arrival in the UK.
- Unfortunately it is a little complicated with multiple steps requiring information to be completed.
- It can NOT be downloaded and manually completed – each traveler MUST complete it (following every step) and submitting it to the gov.uk portal by clicking submit once it is complete.
- The form is in English – any crew member struggling with English will need assistance from someone to complete it.
- It does appear to allow a 3rd party to complete the form – it will ask why you are completing it on their behalf (clearly aimed at people with children) however this could be completed by a relative or colleague if the crew member has poor understanding of English or does not have access to technology.
- On arrival at the UK border you will be required to present this completed and approved form either printed or on a mobile device to the Immigration Officer at the border control.
- Crew will also need a letter from the ship owner / manager confirming their status as seafarers joining a ship in the UK and confirmation that they are classified as a ‘key worker’. This letter should be carried by them in case they are stopped by the authorities whilst in transit from the airport to the ship. If they need hotel accommodation we would need a copy of this letter ‘in advance’ of their arrival so we can make the appropriate room booking – hotels in the UK are closed to the general public so we need this supporting letter to secure the room booking.
- ALL incoming crew are still required to have the appropriate seamans book and visa where required upon arrival into the UK.
- We would also suggest that any offsigning crew also carry the letter confirming their status should they be stopped on their journey to the airport. Likewise the letter would be needed for any hotel stay if required.
Crew changes are now allowed with a more flexible methodology. A new communication from the Government will be release soon.