The Hellenic Civil Aviation Authority (HCAA) released updated Covid-19 aviation directives (NOTAMs) which extend restrictions on domestic flights Monday, April 12, and on international flights until April 19.
According to the new Covid-19 NOTAMS for domestic flights and international arrivals:
Only essential domestic flights allowed
All the airports of the country are allowed only the essential domestic travel (Essential Travel) which includes travel for health issues, for business purposes, for objective family reasons (family reunification), and for return to permanent residenceuntil Monday 12 April 2021 at 6:00.
Travel restrictions for international arrivals
1. Passenger Locator Form (PLF) by all passengers of international flights to Greece remains mandatory.The rule also applies to Greek citizens and permanent residents of Greece who travel abroad on flights. They are required to fill out the PLF form before their departure from Greece and present it at border checkpoints.
2. All passengers of international flights will enter our country only with a negative PCR test Covid-19, which will be performed up to 72 hours before their arrival.
3. 7-day quarantine to all arrivals. All passengers entering Greece from any foreign country, including European Union member states, must self-isolate either at their home (for permanent residents) or at the place of temporary residence declared on the PLF, for 7 days. If they are to stay in Greece for a shorter period, the quarantine restriction is valid for that period of time, ie until their departure.
4. Mandatory rapid arrival test for all passengers from the United Arab Emirates and the United Kingdom.
5. UK & Russia arrivals restrictions. All arrivals from the UK must take a PCR test after their seventh day of quarantine in the Greece. Only 4,000 permanent residents of Russia per week are allowed to enter Greece on flights landing (only) at the airports of Athens, Thessaloniki and Heraklion.
6. Noentry to Greece of third-country nationals, except for the countries of the European Union and the Schengen Agreement. Only citizens traveling for essential reasons from the following 10 countries are excluded from the ban: UK, Australia, New Zealand, South Korea, Thailand, Rwanda, Singapore, United Arab Emirates, Russia and Israel.
7. Vaccinated passengers from Israel (permanent residents)will enter Greece without quarantine. If they have a health certificate (Israel’s “Green Pass”) that states they have been fully vaccinated and have tested negative for Covid-19 (PCR test).The vaccination certificates will be accepted by Greek authorities if they are in the English language and have been issued by a public authority under the following conditions:
– 14 days have passed since the completion of the holder’s vaccination
– a negative Covid-19 test (PCR) result has been performed up to 72 hours before the holder’s arrival.
Sources: news.gtp.gr & tornosnews.gr